With my due date fast approaching it is now time to start thinking about those all important must-have items that I will need during labour.
I will be dividing all my items into two bags;
In my main bag
1. Going home outfit -I’ve decided on the Casey maternity shirt dress by Isabella Oliver. Light, comfy and with a forgivable price tag.
2. Twonightdresses – Mothercare offer a twin pack for £25. The nightdresses are made from the softest cotton and feature a handy drop down cups for easy night time feeding.
3. Nature bond breast pads
4. x 2 flannels of different colours – one for face, one for body
5. Toiletries – here I will pack everything I would usually pack for a weekend away.
6. Camera and charger– for that all important first snap!
8. Mumba bra supportive nursing bra
The maya freedom bra by mumba bra features the unique mumba clasp reminder for mums and the original babyfocus print to provide stimulation and relaxation for your baby.
9. Bbhugme pregnancy pillow– A little comfort from home.
10. Snacks and water bottle
11. A light and comfy dressing gown – (hospital wards/ birthing centres can be warm)
12. Lansinoh LPA Lanolin cream – Hypoallergenic nipple cream to help soothe and protect.
13. Womama birthing wrap – perfect for labour day
And for the tiny vip;
14. Two or three sleepsuits and vests
15. Eco nappies by kit and kin ( super absorbent, hypoallergenic and biodegradable)
16. Kit and kin baby wipes– Kit kin offer hypoallergenic , biodegradable and fragrance free wipes
17. muslins – Aden and Anais
18. A baby blanket – Aden and anais dream blanket – the classic dream blanket features four layers of 100% cotton Muslin.
19. Babies going home outfit – An all-in-one outfit, cardigan, hat, socks and booties
And to pack in a smaller bag…
14. maternity notes and birth plans
16. Phone and charger
17. Car seat – Britax baby – safe I- size
18. Magazines and newspapers
19. Essential oils by babyopathy to encourage calmer, deeper breathing and to assist with pain relief during contractions.
20. Hypnobirthing Music